"I'll take Intermodal Logistics Centers for $100, Alex."
"And the answer is: it's on 256 acres located between Riverside and Ontario."
The question to the answer is of course: "What is the Union Pacific Railroad Automotive Distribution Center at Mira Loma, California?"
This should actually be a Final Jeopardy question. It's so obscure nobody with an actual life will get it. In other words, it's perfect for Jeopardy. So shouldn't at least some of the geeky knowledge I've acquired in pursuit of my new BoltEV be worth something?
In your dreams, buddy boy.
Oh well. Even if it's of no practical use, at least I know my Bolt is headed to GM's gigantic Southern California distribution center in the Inland Empire community of Mira Loma, otherwise known as the greater Pedley Metropolitan Area. (I get inland, but empire must have come from somebody who's never actually been to Ontario.)
Exactly when it will get there, I am not certain. GM is Ebenezer Scrooge when it comes to sharing what it knows about when your car is due to be anywhere. My dealership suggests vaguely that it should be offloaded at Mira Loma "before Christmas." So I take this to mean Friday or Saturday. Maybe.
How different it was years ago.
When I ordered my 2003 Mini Cooper I had the obsessive pleasure of monitoring its daily progress with the shipping company, so I was able to determine the precise day the ship was scheduled to dock. I happen to live near the port, and managed to talk my way inside on the very day the load of Minis was due to roll off. How I worked that out is a story for another day.
The port employee who drove me around actively discouraged me from trying to locate my car in the veritable sea of Mini Coopers. He was too late; I'd already spotted it. So, yes, I have baby pictures of my Mini, with all of its shipping dressing still applied. Awww. I carry them around in my wallet. No, I don't. Honest!
I will have to accept that scratching this compulsive itch is unavailable with the Bolt, even if I felt quite so motivated this time around.
Or is it? Does anybody know anyone who works at the distribution center? After all, it's only two hours and six minutes away, without traffic. And it's only Christmas Eve.
Sounds like a round of Double Jeopardy to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment