Trucking around town on Christmas Eve morning I got an unexpected call from the sales manager at my dealership. He informed me that my Bolt had been rolled off the train at that vast distribution center in the middle of an even vaster vastness known to those in the know as the Inland Empire.
"What does it all mean," I asked him as, if he was a dispenser of existential truths. "Thy Bolt shall be arrivith before the dawning of the new year," proclaimed the Seer of Chevy. "Forsooth," said I.
Okay, he told me it should be in by Wednesday or Thursday. I told him that would be great. Then we chatted about the weather and stuff and wished each other happy holidays. It just seemed like it should have been more dramatic.
I expect Monday and Tuesday to be a quiet days in Lake Woebegone. But after that, watch this space, boys and girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment