Friday, December 23, 2016

No News is No News

The waiting game continues. I've drummed my fingertips on the desktop for so long now, it's beginning to annoy the cats. Edgy cats, now that is something you don't want.

An email to my dealership today produced no update on the current location or probable delivery date of my Bolt. Has it come any closer to the magical gates of the distribution center in Mira Loma, or has it returned to the mystical Land of Oz, whence it came? 


The Gates of Mira Loma, with a rack of cars leaving for somewhere.

Ask Dorothy, maybe she knows. Seems like nobody else does.

When it happens, it happens, I hear you muttering under your breath. Stop that muttering, it's rude. And don't talk with your mouth full.

Okay, so my sense of angst is more than it should be. Actually  it's more than it might be ordinarily. I'd planned this purchase for calendar 2016, to take advantage of the federal tax credit, which I know I can use this year. Next year, possibly. This year, for sure.

Besides, I fully expect all support for renewables to drown in the sea of goofy, reality-free politics we are living in today. Renewable energy is a commie plot. Fossils are All American. By this time next year, we will be bathing in cheap American oil and burning "clean" American coal, whatever the hell that is. 

So I am feeling some urgency to get this thing done before it becomes completely politically incorrect to care about climate change. Maybe it's already too late. I've been known to miss buses, too.

Either way, the window is closing. Only four business days left in 2016. Thump, thump, thump.

In the meantime, I need to find something else to give my mind (and fingers) a rest. So I'm gonna go feed the cats. For sure they always get what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment