Just a quick post to let you know that my second Bolt EV video is available now. I tried to cover some of the questions I've fielded over the past few days, including the bird's eye camera, sideview mirrors, ground clearance, and brake light functions.
Hope you get something out if it, and let me know what you think in the comments!
Thank U. I ordered this car on 29/2 -2016 as the ampera E but since we are behind the US in getting it I will not have it until june 2017. If you try to order this car in Norway today you would have to wait 13-17 months for it. We do hope that it will wash out in the US so we can get more of them.
When this car was launched this summer GM stated that "we are the worlds largest car making company" and that " there will be no problems in producing Bolts and Ampera E`s in the numbers that the customers wants"
We all hope that GM is ramping up the Bolt production in the way it deserves, the factory can easily put out 5 times more Bolts if they run it at high pace.
Same assembly line, made in the US by americans and named the Opel Ampera-E. Production starts in february for dealer cars. My car will be produced in march and received by me in June here in Norway.
I have ordered a fully loaded premium in white colour. Price 38.800 USD including shipping and taxes.
There are some minor differences I`ve been told. Besides the rebadging the Ampera E will have harder suspension,different tyres, harder stearing, thicker paint finish and no eagle eye camera. And do not ask me why. I do not know.
All of the 2000 Ampera E`s going to Norway in 2017 are sold out. According to US media GM would be lucky to sell 1000 Ampera E`S in 2017. The car is not being sold outside Norway yet. GM is planning to produce 30.000 Bolts/ Ampera E`s in total in 2017.
My guess is that if the car was available all over Europe they could sell more than 100K`s of the car there in 2017. What is wrong with GM? Do they not want the business and the jobs? Or are they loosing money on each car sold and that is the reason for dragging their feet?
The pricing is of interest. You price is approximately $6,000 less than what we are paying for the Bolt, even accounting for the small differences. Perhaps this is a function of the tax credits we have in the U.S. for EV purchases currently. Does the government provide incentives for EV purchases in Norway?
The production limitation may be from LG. They report they expect to sell at least 30,000 battery packs to GM this year. So it's that many, or more.
There is no VAT or tax on EV cars in Norway. Only on the shipping. Petrol is now about 8 USD a gallon and the electricity is 5 cents kw/h. I think that is why this car is so important to us.
You also have this dealership system in the US which is known to pump up the prices. I believe that most of the price difference can be found there, just check out the Canadian prices which bares a remarkabel similarity to the Norvegian prices.
Thanks for the blog and videos! I have you bookmarked, so I expect more good stuff soon.
Question: Is there enough space under the cover in the rear cargo area for a spare tire - either a compact or full-sized spare? My bought-as-new 2012 Volt had 4 flat tires in the first year of ownership. I now have a compact spare in back. Yes, I know that the Bolt has self-sealing tires, but at least one of my Volt flats was far beyond anything that a self-sealing tire could handle.
And one more thing; All our cars have 50Kw fast charging as standard equipment, but bare in note that we have a different fast charging system in Europe.
Very informative! Thanks again : )
ReplyDeleteHill-Top Reserve wold be interesting to cover.
ReplyDeleteThank U. I ordered this car on 29/2 -2016 as the ampera E but since we are behind the US in getting it I will not have it until june 2017. If you try to order this car in Norway today you would have to wait 13-17 months for it. We do hope that it will wash out in the US so we can get more of them.
ReplyDeleteWhen this car was launched this summer GM stated that "we are the worlds largest car making company" and that " there will be no problems in producing Bolts and Ampera E`s in the numbers that the customers wants"
We all hope that GM is ramping up the Bolt production in the way it deserves, the factory can easily put out 5 times more Bolts if they run it at high pace.
Will the Ampera-e also be assembled in Michigan?
DeleteSame assembly line, made in the US by americans and named the Opel Ampera-E. Production starts in february for dealer cars. My car will be produced in march and received by me in June here in Norway.
DeleteI have ordered a fully loaded premium in white colour. Price 38.800 USD including shipping and taxes.
There are some minor differences I`ve been told. Besides the rebadging the Ampera E will have harder suspension,different tyres, harder stearing, thicker paint finish and no eagle eye camera. And do not ask me why. I do not know.
All of the 2000 Ampera E`s going to Norway in 2017 are sold out. According to US media GM would be lucky to sell 1000 Ampera E`S in 2017. The car is not being sold outside Norway yet. GM is planning to produce 30.000 Bolts/ Ampera E`s in total in 2017.
My guess is that if the car was available all over Europe they could sell more than 100K`s of the car there in 2017. What is wrong with GM? Do they not want the business and the jobs? Or are they loosing money on each car sold and that is the reason for dragging their feet?
The pricing is of interest. You price is approximately $6,000 less than what we are paying for the Bolt, even accounting for the small differences. Perhaps this is a function of the tax credits we have in the U.S. for EV purchases currently. Does the government provide incentives for EV purchases in Norway?
DeleteThe production limitation may be from LG. They report they expect to sell at least 30,000 battery packs to GM this year. So it's that many, or more.
There is no VAT or tax on EV cars in Norway. Only on the shipping.
ReplyDeletePetrol is now about 8 USD a gallon and the electricity is 5 cents kw/h. I think that is why this car is so important to us.
You also have this dealership system in the US which is known to pump up the prices. I believe that most of the price difference can be found there, just check out the Canadian prices which bares a remarkabel similarity to the Norvegian prices.
Thanks for the blog and videos! I have you bookmarked, so I expect more good stuff soon.
ReplyDeleteQuestion: Is there enough space under the cover in the rear cargo area for a spare tire - either a compact or full-sized spare? My bought-as-new 2012 Volt had 4 flat tires in the first year of ownership. I now have a compact spare in back. Yes, I know that the Bolt has self-sealing tires, but at least one of my Volt flats was far beyond anything that a self-sealing tire could handle.
And one more thing; All our cars have 50Kw fast charging as standard equipment, but bare in note that we have a different fast charging system in Europe.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHow's the Bolt-life going?
ReplyDelete